Saluja Law Offices has extensive knowledge and experience across many areas of corporate and commercial law. A few primary practice areas encompass a great many legal rules and guidelines. In addition, there are several sets of legal regulations of which business owners and interested parties need to be aware. Saluja Law Offices is your go-to resource.
Saluja Law Offices represents clients looking to solve major environmental problems. With experience in areas such as waste management, contaminant cleanup, and chemical safety, Mr. Saluja knows what it takes to help his clients comply with the law in the most environmentally compliant manner. His successful projects range from matters affecting private corporations and large government contracts. Mr. Saluja has coordinated various functions including project management, negotiation with government entities and/or environmental groups, and ensuring strict compliance with the negotiated terms.
As General Counsel and President at WTI, an Environmental Construction Contractor, Mr. Saluja was exposed to many areas of law pertinent to a business or organization, including employment law and contracts. Through his extensive work with various organizations, he oversaw the administration of contracts and worked to protect his company’s interests.
Corporate law is a complex area of the law that requires adhering to strict guidelines and processes. In West Virginia, there are multiple business structures each with its own requirements, benefits, and drawbacks. Saluja Law Offices is well-equipped to handle any type of corporate matter, from business start up to controversies surrounding business agreements.
We currently provide a wide range of services for corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other business organizations and act as general counsel for numerous entities, from sole proprietorships to large corporations. We are often called upon to assist with complex business transactions and corporate litigation. We regularly work on business formations, financing transactions, the negotiation and drafting of contracts, along with mergers and acquisitions.
Contracts: A well-written contract is more than a “nice to have”. It is critically important in today’s business and legal environment. We provide legal counsel and negotiation expertise that allows our clients to understand the risks, benefits and costs of a contract. When everything goes right, a contract spells out your expectations. When there is a problem, a solid contract protects your interests.
We assist clients in a broad range of contract matters, including:
- corporate governance documents: shareholder agreements, buy/sell agreements, close corporation agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements;
- acquisition documents: asset purchase contract, stock purchase agreements, membership interest purchase agreements;
- business transactional documents: royalty and licensing agreements, distributorship agreements, franchising agreements, sales contracts, warranties, equipment leases; supplier and customer agreements;
- real estate agreements: purchase/sale agreements, leases, construction agreements.
Whatever you need, Saluja Law Offices has the legal and business knowledge to help you obtain the most favorable possible outcome.
With our experience as corporate general counsel, we are well-positioned to help boards of directors and corporate executives understand and fulfill their duties. We can help you out both before and after problems arise. We can also help your business establish policies and procedures to avoid problems.
The potential pitfalls are severe, but often corporate executives and board members do not have the time to keep up with corporate governance issues. We can help guide you through your regulatory obligations so you are positioned to make informed decisions
No matter how big or small, we know every transaction is personal to you and your company. We have represented clients in many types of corporate and finance transactions and are ready to help you succeed. We offer solutions, understanding that your primary objective is to get the deal done.
Joint ventures and strategic alliances between companies are common in today’s business world and they offer numerous financial benefits.
Collaborations take on many forms such as marketing and promotional campaigns, fundraising for technology ventures, research and development concepts, or joint product development projects.
Joint ventures are partnerships between two or more businesses that create a new company. Each contributor supplies their own resources to the joint purpose. Joint ventures are often more long-term in nature and have their own specific risks and profit sharing.
Some specific challenges to joint ventures include:
- business structure and corporate governance
- tax issues
- real estate law
- oil and mineral rights
- intellectual property
- labor and employment issues
- trade and antitrust issues
- marketing strategies
At Saluja Law Offices we can help guide you through these areas so that your business is best positioned to realize its objectives.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Being bought, buying another business or joining forces is a common part of today’s business climate. We can help guide you through the process. We are prepared to guide you through every aspect of a merger or acquisition from financing, regulatory approval, due diligence, deal structure, and post-acquisition operations.
At Saluja Law Office, we are business advisors. We are big enough to handle large transactions, but small enough to give you the personal service and attention you want and deserve. We know your time is important and we’ll take of your needs, without getting lost in obscure points of law. We are there to give you legal advice or help you negotiate the deal.
Types of Transactions
We have experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Asset Sales and Purchases
- Stock Sales and Purchases
- Mergers, including Tax-Free Reorganizations
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Leverage Buyouts
- Spin-Offs / Split-Offs
Franchising law is different in every state. In West Virginia, primarily federal statutes guide franchising law. The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Franchise Rule applies throughout the U.S. and regulates only disclosure laws. In addition to basic franchising law, there are several sets of regulations that manage legal and ethical business dealings, such as:
- Disclosure Law– Disclosure law regulates things like a mandatory cooling-off period prior to a franchise sale, any prohibited franchise sales activities, and what pre-sale disclosures are required. This is the only type of franchise law among the three main types enforced in West Virginia.
- Registration Law– Registration law requires the franchisee to register advertising, register franchise sales representatives, and the to register the franchise itself.
- Relationship Law– Relationship law controls specific portions of the relationship between the franchisee and the franchisor including the requirement that franchisees are treated equally, the grounds for not renewing a franchise relationship, the notice and cure periods, requirements prior to termination, and the acceptable grounds for terminating a franchise.
Saluja Law Offices assists owners, buyers, sellers, builders, developers and financial institutions in all types of real estate transactions; from simple purchases or sales to multimillion dollar developments. Whether the project is a shopping center, apartment complex, office building, warehouse building, mixed-use or industrial development, we have experience to provide counsel in the structuring, zoning, acquisition, financing, construction, leasing, sale or tax-deferred exchange of that project.
Saluja Law Offices can assist you with commercial leasing, condemnation, environmental issues, tax matters, syndication and title insurance.
Health Care Professionals
The health care field is getting more complicated, not less and physicians, dentists and other health care professionals have unique business and personal legal needs. We are here to help out the small individual providers. At Saluja Law Offices, we know that physicians and dentists need to have their own counsel who is there to look after their needs.
In addition to being medical care providers, professional practices are businesses and you need to maximize opportunity and avoid risk. We have the background and expertise to help our healthcare provider clients with:
- Tax Planning
- Asset Protection
- Wealth/Estate Planning
- Medical/Dental Board Issues
- Medicare/Medicaid Issues
- Liability Protection
- Practice Mergers
- Hospital Employment
- Business Structure and Planning
- Joint Ventures
- Non-Malpractice Litigation
- Facility Purchase and Leasing
- Retirement Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Business Ventures
- Practice Succession
At Saluja Law Offices, we have direct experience with construction law and know how to work with owners, developers, bankers, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and material suppliers on projects.
Some of the important legal services we provide to the construction industry are:
- Mechanics’ Liens & Payment Claims
- Litigation of All Construction Claims
- Contract Selection, Negotiation and Preparation
- Bidding Disputes
- Public Construction Contracting
- Construction Defects Litigation
- Insurance Coverage of Construction Disputes
- Prompt Payment Act Claims
- Business & Corporate Law for Construction-related companies
- Residential Construction Contracting
- Bonding and Bonding Disputes
- Mergers & Acquisitions